Friday, December 17, 2021

Once again, in Barrowmaze...

I am planning, plotting, and scheming...always so...because I am obsessed with roleplaying. I think about it when I'm reading novels, when I'm watching fantasy shows and movies, when I fall asleep at night, when I get bored at work...

I want to run Barrowmaze. I hate COVID-19, and adult responsibility. These twin viruses conspire to keep me from gaming as much as I'd like these days. I know, I've been whining about lack of roleplaying here for more than ten years now! I can't even comprehend that, even as I write the words. Once more unto the breach, indeed. Every day, every daydream about roleplaying, is a sally toward the breach again. Over and over, I throw my mind and imagination into the fray. 

But I want reality to replace my fevered imaginings. I want laughing faces and beating hearts and slitted eyes of suspicion at a gaming table. I want hands rolling polyhedrals, heart-clogging foods and snacks, the underground smells of a basement. I love it. I have an unhealthy desire for it. I will make it reality again. 

So, Barrowmaze. I lurk through your benighted, silent halls on the daily, and nightly. I crave to unleash your undead hordes on unwitting and foolish adventurers. I plan and prepare to dungeon master once again. Someday, I will see the looks of apprehension and joy on the faces of players over the top of my DM screen. 

Once more unto the breach, dear roleplayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment