Thursday, September 18, 2014

Wherefore Art Thou, Oh RPG Blogger?


Well, I've finally gone and done it. I became one of those RPG bloggers who drops off the face of the earth one day, and just stops posting with no explanation.
 
I apologize to one and all...or at least, to those who may actually care!
 
I could make a joke about how everyone's been SO devastated about my absence. But perhaps some of you miss me?
 
Hey, someone emailed me to ask if I can add a print function to my blog! To that emailer I say "please be patient, I'm working on it"!
 
Anyway, without boring you, here's the short story: I've finally reached a critical mass of insanity in life that, as scary as it sounds, I lost complete track of the blogosphere and in particular my own blog. For once, I was totally unable to think about the blog for a few weeks.
 
As I said, scary. It's scary because I don't like the implications. In other words, my life circumstances finally pushed thoughts of roleplaying (which are usually on my mind at some point during the day) to totally subconscious levels.
 
I just don't like that idea.
 
But I've made my life this busy, and I really have no regrets. I'm happy with what I've been doing in life other than roleplaying. But there's still something that pains me about the whole thing.
 
Okay, enough self pity. What's my point, eh? Well, here it is: I'm officially stating that I'm going on an indefinite hiatus. It really sucks to write that, but there you have it.
 
Alright, I've got to run, but for the time being know that I may not be writing here for the time being, but I'm indeed reading what all you wonderful folks are writing.
 
Until we cross paths again, happy gaming to all!

4 comments:

  1. I missed the end of week elmore posts. Glad life is keeping you busy, and that you're happy with that.

    Don't forget to roll some dice every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sweat things, sometimes we just move on. For example, I no longer blog on my bonescroll.net website, rather I simply do my RPG Circus podcast. I know many people that have had fairly active blogs and then due to a variety of events, they needed to do other things. Some like Zach from RPG Blog 2, sometimes come back but with a much reduced posting schedule. Sometimes, people have said all they need to say. Sometimes they start working on a different blog with many authors. Sometimes real life gives you something incredible and you need to stop back from blogging for a while. In the end don't sweat things. You have to do what you need to do for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I was kinda wondering where you went...

    Its good you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks for chiming in! Much appreciated! It's good to be missed!

    ReplyDelete