Tuesday, September 3, 2013

30 Day D&D Challenge, Day 3: Favorite Playable Class

Yes.
No.
 
I like playing paladins. Probably because they've got a touch of cleric-ness without people coming to expect you to be the stereotype of the healbot. Also because they're more of a fighter than the cleric. I always considered both clerics and paladins to be holy warriors, but paladins are more warrior and "less holy." A paladin just seems to be more of a leader of men, who can lead the charge into battle. Whereas the cleric is the holy warrior that needs to be in a support role (i.e. behind better fighters, including the paladin). Oh, and who doesn't want to be immune to disease and emanate an aura of power, right?

1 comment:

  1. Mine was Ranger, dating back to when I first discovered the class in the original 1st Edition Players Handbook.

    Nowadays... I guess I still prefer martial-types but I do like trying to find new and different ways to take a cliche type character and turn it on its head.

    ReplyDelete