Friday, April 4, 2014

End-of-Week Mignola (4/4/14)

 
I don't think it's a secret that I miss roleplaying. I know I've whined about it on this blog before of late. As you probably (maybe) know, I've taken a sabbatical from roleplaying for the nonce, so as to dedicate my time to certain personal and professional endeavors that have been hounding me for some time.
 
Well, things are going slow and steady in the direction of my aspirations. Buuuut...the yen for roleplaying has not left me. Indeed, I think it's getting stronger.
 
Which brings me to why I'm posting an illo of Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser by Mike Mignola this week, in place of a selection from Elmore.
 
You see, I've long dreamt of running a campaign set in the world of Nehwon. However, I've talked in the past about using the Crypts & Things Swords & Wizardry variant as the rules for the campaign.
 
That will probably change. Indeed, I'm thinking of adapting my beloved Castles & Crusades to run a Nehwon campaign. The reasons? Well, most of the players I usually run with all have the C&C rules and are very familiar with them, as am I. C&C is a great system, and like all rules of the old-school mentality, it can be manipulated without too much fear of breaking.
 
Now, I haven't spoken to my long-standing Wednesday night group at my FLGS about a potential return to the table. I will have to run this by them, with the likely caveat that I'll only be running a session once a month for the foreseeable future.
 
Anyway, that's what's on my fevered brain on this particular Friday! I hope you all have a great weekend, and if you're gaming, roll some polys for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment