Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lankhmar Daydreams...

 
It's Tuesday after Labor Day, so it might as well be Monday. *sigh* I'm SO happy to be back at work. Yeah, right.
 
Anyway, I've really been dreaming of late about running a campaign in the world of Nehwon, where the legendary Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser dwell, using the cool Crypts & Things variant of Swords & Wizardry. It would be my first sword & sorcery-type campaign, rather than "traditional" D&D with its inclusion of high fantasy tropes (Tolkienesque demi-humans, etc).
 
Questions for you, good folks, if you choose to respond and share: 
  1. Have you ever roleplayed in the world of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser? If so, please share something of your adventures.
  2.  
  3. Have any of you used the Crypts & Things rules in any sort of game, and if so, how do you like them? 
I am itching to use the C&T rules, and I am reading the Fafhrd and Gray Mouser stories I have not yet finished. Good stuff all around. So here I am, daydreaming of Lankhmar, City of the Black Toga...
 
Ah well, someday I believe I will accomplish this goal. But for now, I slave at work, dreaming of when I can once again sit at the table-top with my fellow gamers (I have to skip game night this Wednesday due to school starting back up for the kids). Mourn for me, dear reader, and may you have more gaming luck than me this week!

5 comments:

  1. Big fan of C&T. Ran a short game with it and am now gearing up for a big campaign. Also happen to listening to some Fafhrd & Gray Mouser on audiobook and keep thinking how it's a perfect match for C&T.

    The fighting styles, alternate health rules, the "everyone's a rogue" rules - all geared towards Lankhmarian adventures.

    Not so enamoured of the "sample" world that permeates the C&T rules, but that's easily excised and replaced with Nehwon-specific houserules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C&T is great I recently reacquired the Lankhmar rulebook to use with C&T, just haven't gotten the chance to do it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which Lankhmar rulebook do you have?

      Delete
    2. Same one pictured above. I did a few posts about C&T, mostly just fluff.

      http://greenskeletongamingguild.blogspot.com/search/label/Crypts%20and%20Things

      Delete
    3. OK, figured. I have that one as well as the one that was released for RuneQuest.

      Delete