Wednesday, April 23, 2014

In Defense of Dungeons & Dragons

 
Last month, I wrote a post that gave a hint as to what I've been doing instead of roleplaying these days: I'm working on my burgeoning life as a personal development coach. It's something I've already been doing for most of my life. I've just decided to make it "official."
 
And I've been giving props to my roleplaying career for shaping the well-rounded, responsible adult I am today. Here's my most direct reference yet (on my personal development blog) to D&D and its influence on me and the world beyond the gaming table:
 
 
That post actually started as a speech I gave at my Toastmasters club. I hope to give this speech in other venues in the future. I feel honored to add my voice to the chorus of folks who have put D&D in the spotlight this year, the 40th anniversary of the grand old game.
 
I welcome your feedback, and your continued readership, of both my blogs. If you like my other blog, please consider following me there, and keep checking in on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment