Friday, December 21, 2012

End-of-Week Elmore (4 Ahau 3 Kankin)


I went looking for a piece of Elmore art that was suitably "apocalyptic" for this day, the infamous December 21st, 2012 (or 4 ahau 3 kankin on the Mayan calendar). But I settled on the above. Why? Because the ritual it depicts invokes the mystical, and perhaps I'm wishing something mystical would occur today.
 
Yes, yes, I know. What do I keep hearing? "We're all still here!" Yes, I knew we would be here, even though it would have been cool if all of humanity had turned into luminous spirit beings at once. Sad to say, but perhaps we're not enlightened enough for that event just yet. 

Oh, and I would like to point out that the day is not over yet. No one should be breathing a sigh of relieve until midnight tonight!

In all seriousness, perhaps the change is not external. Perhaps a change is already starting in our consciousness. Maybe in the coming years we will evolve in the way we see the world, and each other. A positive evolution.

Anyway, until our mass transcension, we'll still have roleplaying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment