Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Blogosphere is a Harsh Mistress

So, this post is an attempt on my part to get some more attention for two other recent posts I wrote! As I stated in the title of this post, the blogosphere is indeed a fickle bitch. Sometimes you'll work hard on a post and it gets no love from the good readers (i.e. comments). Other times you'll write a post in five minutes and a dozen people comment on it. I know all this depends on the vagaries of time of day, availability of readers on a day-to-day basis, etcetera.

But I'm raging against the dying of the light, here!

So, I'll shut up now and give you the links to the two recent posts that I humbly request you read and comment upon, should you so choose! You're feedback is much appreciated! Thanks, friends!

LINKS TO THE POSTS IN QUESTION:

FANTASY FROM ACROSS THE POND 

TO HOUSE RULE OR NOT TO HOUSE RULE?

3 comments:

  1. It is an odd thing with blogging. Just depends on so many other things, like you already mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems too easy to miss the comment train with blogging. A day, or even just a few hours go by and older posts just get buried. There should be a way, besides links, to bring old posts back to the front page the way that threads in forums jump any post back to the front page if they receive a comment, regardless of how long ago the original post was made.

    I have seen blogs that have a sidebar with a list of old posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get up in the morning I catch the blogs that are written around that time, then there is a ten hour gap for work, get home, hopelly do some writing, play a video game or rpg, get attacked by my dogs and spend time for the wife, at the end of the day I've got another half hour or hour to check the blogs I've missed. When you follow almost 300 blogs that total gets pretty high.

    Don't get too doswn Drance, you have great insights and a great blog. I know there are times when I write a blog and thing this is going to get a lot of comments and I get a big goose egg and ones I just write quickly and throw up get a bunch.

    ReplyDelete