Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Inspiration: Summer Slump Already?


I looked at my blog and realized that I hadn't posted in a week. Crap. The summer doldrums are already upon me, it seems. The temps are already hitting the near-90's in my neck of the woods. Awesome. And my central AC unit is dead. Double-plus good. I'm feeling burnt at work and overwhelmed with house stuff. You know where this is going: I've had little time for anything related to roleplaying, besides flipping through some RPG books here and there. I'm really wondering if summer is going to be a good time for me to do any frequent gaming. I just need to play things by ear from week to week, I guess. Luckily my group is all good with that.

But the gamer inside of me is chomping at the bit for good roleplaying action at all times! I'm afraid that the roleplaying beast within will start gnawing at my innards, and whispering to me that the gaming in which I'm involved is not "good enough," whatever the hell that means. I guess it means that the beast within won't tolerate it if I become a lazy or lackluster GM. If my sessions are below my personal expectations of what a good session should be, I fear I will get even more depressed.

But my players so far seem to still be engrossed in my efforts, and that's the best sign of all, right? I guess I need to stop focusing so much on my own enjoyment factor and remind myself that the players are there to have fun as well. Not that I've ever lost sight of that, but I do have a tendency for self pity.

Blah blah, enough babble for now. I'm going to stare at that awesome image above and remember the goodness that is roleplaying. And I'm going to count my lucky stars again, because there's lots of people out there who want to game but don't have the resources to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment