Thursday, October 25, 2012

Michael Curtis coming to my neck of the proverbial woods...


That's right, folks! Michael Curtis, of Stonehell Dungeon and Dungeon Alphabet fame, is coming to the awesome All Things Fun! store on Sunday, November 4th! Go here (Michael's blog) and here (the All Things Fun! event page) for more details.

I have to say I'm really excited for a number of reasons. Of course I'm probably preaching to the choir here, and I'm sure you know who he is already. But anyway, Michael is a prominent figure in the old-school gaming scene because of the body of work he's produced. It looks like he'll be running a game session to take players through one of his latest creations, the DCC RPG module "Emirikol Was Framed!"

I can't wait to meet one of the people behind the old-school movement, and maybe have time to chat about the OSR, his upcoming projects, etc. And I also cannot wait to finally play DCC RPG! You know what this means?! I GET TO USE THOSE FUNKY ZOCCHI DICE I BOUGHT! Nice!

This should really be a fun time. Ok, I'll stop with the gushing now. If you can make it, I would love to meet anyone who's been reading my blog. Thanks to the incredible proprietors of All Things Fun!, Ed and Dina Evans, for setting up this event! It should be a great time! I'm planning on taking some photos and blogging about the event afterwards.

4 comments:

  1. It's going to be a fun time, Drance! I'll be bringing along some DCC RPG swag, copies of the expanded Dungeon Alphabet, and I'll be running either Emirikol or, depending on the crowd, a brand-new, yet-to-be-announced adventure for DCC RPG. Thanks for helping spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr. Curtis, thanks for stopping by! Not a problem with regard to spreading the word. Can't wait to meet you and see what adventures await!

      Delete
  2. I plan on getting up there for this. Hope to see you then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can make it, it would be good to game with you again!

      Delete