Friday, July 6, 2012

Festivus in July: My DCC RPG Stuff Arrived!

Ah, gotta love a delivery of gaming goodness on a Friday, folks!


Yes, that's right, that's a picture of my package right there! My package of DCC RPG goodness, that is! I got my stuff from the incredibly awesome people at Noble Knight Games, where great customer service is alive and well.


I hold the mighty d30 in my hand!


And here is a package of the first ever GameScience Zocchi dice purchase. I got the kind that glow in the dark so they would stick out among my other polyhedrals.


Ah, the tome itself! No more will I struggle with the PDF! It really is a value for the money at $40 (actually, I got it on sale for $35).


The Noble Knights also threw in the 2012 Free RPG Day offering from Goodman Games!


My god, it's full of art! The spine felt nice and tight as I opened it, and the scent of the pages was pleasant enough. I love the smell of gaming in the morning! This is indeed a tome in every sense of the word, though truth be told it isn't as heavy as I expected it to be.


This image was an awesome treat as I skimmed through the monster section. Those are the Troll Lords, the great minds behind Castles & Crusades. Clearly Goodman Games has some love for the rowdy bunch of game designers from the wilds of Arkansas. This warmed my proverbial cockles of my heart, as it was great to see a connection between one of my favorite game systems (C&C) and a new system I am about to explore. That bodes well.


Some close-ups (above and below) of the Zocchi "gems." Again, I wanted them to stand out from the usual dice we're all familiar with from years of running games with D&D's DNA. 


They are indeed funky, folks! They'll have to grow on me, I suppose. They still seem, well, blasphemous to me, but I'm sure I'll get used to them. But they sort of scream "unholy geometry" don't they? Almost something that Lovecraft would describe! ;-)

So, if you'll excuse me, I've got some reading to do!

3 comments:

  1. So non-platonic solids are "unholy"? Kepler fail. j/k. I really need to get DCC RPG, even though I have no group to use it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rich! Yeah, I mean it, old Howard Phillips might have lumped those Zocchi dice into his "non-Euclidian geometry" category ;-)

    DCC RPG is pretty cool, I have to say. I'm not sure I'm prepared to run it any time soon, but it's definitely becoming one of my preferred versions of the "Original Fantasy Game" (at least the Basic version of the game, that is).

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I'm not fond of looking at other men's packages, it looks like you got a good one.

    ReplyDelete